Piña Colada CheesecakeFrom Mimi0E 6 months ago
- Crust: shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs shopping list
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 3/4 finely chopped and toasted pecans shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 3 8oz packages of cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 5 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 cup cream I'd coconut (found in the liquor section) shopping list
- 1/3 cup white rum shopping list
- 2 teaspoons coconut extract shopping list
- 1 cup crushed and drained pineapple shopping list
- Glaze: shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon corn starch shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon water shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 cup crushed pineapple (with juice) shopping list
- Whipped cream topping: shopping list
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. In a mixing bowl, mix crust ingredients and pour into 12- inch spring form pan and press well to the bottom.
- In an electric mixer cream together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time until well mixed. Then add remaining ingredients and pour onto prepared crust. Bake in center for 75 minutes. The center should still be wiggly when done. Do not overtake to avoid cracking. Allow to cool completely before adding glaze and refrigerating.
- Prepare the glaze in saucepan. First mix together cornstarch and water until well mixed and add remaining ingredients. Bring to boil and allow to cook for three to five minutes. Cool completely before topping the cheesecake. One the glaze has been added, store cheesecake in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours. Remove the springform sides.
- Prepare whipped cream by pouring heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla in mixing bowl, using a hand mixer, whip until stiff peaks form. Put whipped cream in a pastry bag with decorator tip and decorate the cheesecake.
- Toast shredded coconut in a pan until golden brown and allow to cool in a freezer for 15 minutes. Sprinkle the top and around the sides of the cheesecake.
The CookMimi0E Rancho San Diego, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!