Jamaican Ham SteaksFrom jo_jo_ba 9 years ago
- 2 ham steaks, 1” thick, cooked shopping list
- 24 whole cloves shopping list
- 2 cups sliced red delicious apples shopping list
- ½ cup dark Jamaican rum shopping list
- water shopping list
- 1 tsp mustard powder shopping list
- ¼ cup brown sugar shopping list
- 3 tbsp honey shopping list
- 3 tbsp dark Jamaican rum shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Insert cloves around the edges of the steaks. Place in a shallow baking dish.
- Pile apple slices on each steak.
- Add the ½ cup rum, plus enough water to come halfway up ham.
- Cover and bake 50 minutes
- Reserve 1/3 cup cooking juices, drain remainder from dish.
- Mix reserved juice with mustard, brown sugar, honey and remaining rum.
- Pour mixture over apples and ham.
- Bake uncovered 15 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating4 people
This sounds great, I will be making this real soon
Thanks a bunch for sharing.pmaggs in Hammond loved it
Sweet Tooth446 members
OrganicSustainable Farming Group171 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Party Food316 members
Whole Foods142 members
Just Love To Cook48 members
Good Down Home Southern Food196 members
Fresh Food Cooking119 members
Special NeedsRestricted55 members
Easy Tastebud Delights43 members