Puff Pancake ala OrangeFrom notyourmomma 6 years ago
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup of pancake mix shopping list
- 1/2 cup of milk shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of grated orange rind (lacking fresh oranges-a drop of orange oil or a little orange extract-kid friendly version) shopping list
- 3 oranges, segmented (as kids we used a can of mandarin oranges) shopping list
- 1/3 cup of firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- Dairy sour cream shopping list
- nutmeg, fresh please, grate on your microplane! shopping list
How to make it
- With the electric mixer beat the eggs on high speed until foamy.
- At medium speed, add pancake mix alternately with the milk until well blended.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Put butter in an oven-proof skillet and put in the oven and melt and heat the pan for 3 minutes.
- Beat the egg mixture again while the skillet is heating up.
- Stir in orange peel. (or extract)
- Pour into the skillet and bake 15 minutes.
- Cut oranges into bite size pieces and combine with the brown sugar.
- Spoon onto pancake directly from the oven.
- Serve directly from the pan.
- Top each serving with a dollop of sour cream and
- a light grate of nutmeg.
- Melt in your mouth goodness.
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating1 people
I love these kinds of pancakes!! I seem to make more of a mess doing it the traditional way LOL!!
imhungry in northern loved it