Queen CakesFrom sweettooth 8 years ago
- 125g butter shopping list
- 150g sugar shopping list
- 2 medium eggs shopping list
- 250g plain flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- pinch of salt shopping list
- 1 tsp candied peel/grated lemon rind shopping list
- 1 tsp black currants shopping list
- 1 tsp coconut powder shopping list
- 2/3 tsp milk shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.
- Lightly butter muffin pans or paper cases.
- In a large bowl,beat butter until creamy.
- Add sugar and beat until fluffy and light.
- Beat in the eggs gradually.
- In another bowl,sift flour and baking powder.Mix salt,candied peel,currants and coconut in the flour.
- Fold the flour into the creamed mix.
- Stir in the milk ( the mixture should be of dripping consistancy).
- Spoon the mix into the prepared tin/paper cases and bake for 12-15 minutes.