Cheese FondueFrom floridasunshine 10 years ago
- 2 tsp. of kirsch shopping list
- 1/2 lb of emmenthaler cheese, coarsely grated (2 cups) shopping list
- 1/2 lb of gruyere, coarsely grated (2 cups) shopping list
- 1 clove of garlic--halved crosswise shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. of dry white wine (preferably Swiss, such as Fendant) shopping list
- 1 tbsp. of cornstarch shopping list
How to make it
- First you rub inside of a 4-quart heavy pot with cut sides of garlic, then throw away garlic.
- Then add your wine to pot and bring just to a simmer over moderate heat.
- Next you can sir together cornstarch and kirsch in a cup.
- You want to gradually add cheese to pot and cook, stirring constantly in a zigzag pattern --don't let this boil.
- Now you stir cornstarch mixture again and stir into uour fondue.
- Next bring fondue to a simmer and cook this while stirring, until thickened approx. 5 to 8 minutes.
- Finally you want to transfer to fondue pot set over a flame and serve with bread for dipping.
The Cookfloridasunshine Berkeley, CA
The Rating3 people
Very authentic method. My boyfriend tells me that a proper Swiss fondue MUST be stirred by a fork. You should be able to prepare the fondue directly in the pot, which will save a little bit of cleanup. Don't be afraid of trying different cheeses - th...moreunswissmiss in Basel loved it
Love it, just like when I was in Europe!shirleyoma in Cove loved it
This looks superb!! Thanks for the awesome recipe!redfish91117 in Wilmington loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!