Cheese FondueFrom floridasunshine 9 years ago
- 2 tsp. of kirsch shopping list
- 1/2 lb of emmenthaler cheese, coarsely grated (2 cups) shopping list
- 1/2 lb of gruyere, coarsely grated (2 cups) shopping list
- 1 clove of garlic--halved crosswise shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. of dry white wine (preferably Swiss, such as Fendant) shopping list
- 1 tbsp. of cornstarch shopping list
How to make it
- First you rub inside of a 4-quart heavy pot with cut sides of garlic, then throw away garlic.
- Then add your wine to pot and bring just to a simmer over moderate heat.
- Next you can sir together cornstarch and kirsch in a cup.
- You want to gradually add cheese to pot and cook, stirring constantly in a zigzag pattern --don't let this boil.
- Now you stir cornstarch mixture again and stir into uour fondue.
- Next bring fondue to a simmer and cook this while stirring, until thickened approx. 5 to 8 minutes.
- Finally you want to transfer to fondue pot set over a flame and serve with bread for dipping.
The Cookfloridasunshine Berkeley, CA
The Rating3 people
This looks superb!! Thanks for the awesome recipe!redfish91117 in Wilmington loved it
Love it, just like when I was in Europe!shirleyoma in Cove loved it
Very authentic method. My boyfriend tells me that a proper Swiss fondue MUST be stirred by a fork. You should be able to prepare the fondue directly in the pot, which will save a little bit of cleanup. Don't be afraid of trying different cheeses - th...moreunswissmiss in Basel loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!