Really Decadant Chocolate CakeFrom jaie 6 years ago
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped shopping list
- 12 large eggs, separated and at room temperature shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dark rum shopping list
- 3-1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened and cut into tablespoons shopping list
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsweetened Dutch-processed cocoa powder, I use one called Valrhona shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- powdered sugar for dusting shopping list
- coffee ice cream , to serve aside the finished cake shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat your oven to 325°.
- Grease a 10-inch springform pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt chocolate and 3 tablespoons of water in a double boiler, or a stainless steel mixing bowl over top a sauce pan.
- Stir until melted and smooth, set aside.
- In a bowl, place egg yolks and sugar. Beat with an electric mixer on high until mixture is pale and thick, about 3 minutes.
- Turn the mixer to medium-low and add the vanilla and rum.
- If you have a paddle attachment to use, use it now. On medium speed, gradually add the melted chocolate mixture and the butter. Mix together until smooth.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Sift flour, cocoa and salt over top of the mixture.
- Fold in, set aside.
- In a clean bowl, place egg whites and with a whisk or a whisk attacment (if you're lucky to have one), beat the whites until almost stiff peaks form.
- Fold them into the chocolate mixer in 2 additions. You have to be carefully not to over mix.
- Carefully transfer the batter to the springform pan and bake until the cake is puffy, cracked and set. It will take about 1 hour-1 hour 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
- Just before serving, remove the cake from the pan and dust it with powdered sugar.
- Serve a scoop of coffee ice cream on the side if you desire.
The Cookjaie Allentown, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!