Bloomin OnionFrom maryelizlawson 6 years ago
- 4 Vidalia or Texas sweet onions shopping list
- Batter: shopping list
- 1/3 cup cornstarch shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 2 tsp garlic - minced shopping list
- 2 tsp paprika shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp pepper shopping list
- 24 oz beer shopping list
- Seasoned Flour: shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 4 tsp paprika shopping list
- 2 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Mix cornstarch, flour and seasonings until well blended.
- Add beer, mix well.
- Cur about 3/4-inches off top of onion and peel.
- Cut into onion 12 to 16 vertical wedges, but do not cut through root end.
- Remove abit 1-inch of petals from center of onion.
- Dip the ionion in seasoned flour and remove excess by shaking.
- Seperate petals and dip in batter to coat throughly.
- Gently place in fryer basket and deep-fry at 375^F to 400^F for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Turn over, and fry an additional 1 1/2 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Place onion upright in shallow bowl and remove center core with circular cutter or apple cutter.
- Serve hot with Creamy Chili Sauce.
- Creamy Chili Sauce:
- 1 pint Mayonnaise
- 1 pint Sour cream
- 1/2 cup Chili Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper
The Cookmaryelizlawson Columbus, GA
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!