Spaghetti with MeatballsFrom way2nrml 8 years ago
- 1 lb. lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 lb. ground pork shopping list
- 2 (16 oz) cans tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 (16 oz) can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 small onion shopping list
- 1 clove garlic shopping list
- 1 C. bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/2 C. red wine shopping list
- meatball seasonings: 1 tsp. garlic powder, 1 tsp. italian seasoning, 1tsp.dried basil, 1 Tb. Worchestershire sauce, pepper to taste shopping list
- Sauce seasonings: 3/4 tsp. dried thyme, 3/4 tsp. dried basil, 1/2 tsp. oregano, 1/2 tsp. rosemary, pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine pork, beef, egg, bread crumbs, and meatball seasonings. Mix well.
- Coat two large mini muffin pans with cooking spray.
- Form meat mixture into balls (I like to use a cookie scoop to get a consistent size) and drop into muffin wells.
- Bake in warm oven for 20 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Place chopped onions and garlic in a mini Cuisinart and dice super fine.
- Heat a large pan over med. heat.
- Drizzle with olive oil and saute onions and garlic until transparent.
- Add wine, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and sauce seasonings.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add meatballs.
- Cover and reduce heat to med.-low.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Turn meatballs over and simmer for an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve over Angel Hair Spaghetti.