Babas Meatballs Meatloaf Hamburgers or Salisbury SteaksFrom recipediva 8 years ago
- 5 pounds ground meat shopping list
- onions, finely cut (really good when puree them keeps meat moist) shopping list
- celery, ½ stalk, cut very finely (I don’t add this to my meatballs only meatloaf and hamburger and salisbury steaks) shopping list
- garlic, about 4 or powder or garlic salt shopping list
- pepper & salt shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 3 - 4 white bread soaked in milk or ( I now use 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs add milk to mix) shopping list
- parsley add a good amount be generous shopping list
How to make it
- Mix all and roll in additional bread crumbs(makes them crispy) and fry in pan or bake @ 350 till done I prefer the fry method for meatballs. I do not cook them all the way. I add it to my sauce after they just brown and let it cook in my sauce.
- Hamburger patties:
- Make patties for hamburgers dip into more breadcrumbs for crunchy outside and fry.
- Salisbury Steak:
- Make salisbury steaks with mushroom sauce. (I cheat at times and brown up the crumbs in the skillet. Add mushroom soup. I also add mushrooms I saute in butter.
- Meatloaf :
- place in baking pan with little bit of water and oil on bottom. Cook it for about hour half 2 hours (sometimes 2.5 check it).
- Or drain some of the juices and Last fifteen minutes top with this sauce...3/4 cup ketchup, 3/4 cup brown sugar, worshershire sauce to taste. Place on meatloaf and bake last 15 minutes. Like BBQ sauce.. delicious. Or again I saute mushrooms in butter and add mushroom gravy and parsley and pour over top of meatloaf or serve on the side
- rule of thumb: per 5 pounds of meat only use 2 eggs. eggs will make meat tough