Gingerbread Pudding CakeFrom recipediva 6 years ago
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ginger shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg(oh, freshly grated is amazing shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, softened,(sweet of course) shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 cup molasses shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter, melted (sweet of course) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups hot water shopping list
- whipped cream, ice cream of choice both and all optional shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven 350
- In medium bowl combine and set aside:
- flour, soda, ginger, cinnamon, salt, allspice and nutmeg
- In large mixer bowl beat on medium speed (1-2 minutes)
- 1/2 cup butter and sugar
- add egg
- continue beating until well mixed and reduce speed to low alternating adding flour with molasses and 1 cup water, beating after each addition only until blended.
- Pour batter into 9 x13 pan. Sprinkle batter wtih 3/4 cups brown sugar.
- In medium bowl combine 1/3 cup melted butter and 1 1/2 cups hot water and carefully pour on top of batter.
- bake 40-55 minutes or untl gingerbread is cracked on top and wooded pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Makes 12 servings, Depending on your serving size.
The Cookrecipediva Philly, PA
The Rating1 people
Most definately making this tonight. Thanks for sharing :) It's only June and I'm all ready thinking of the holidays...LOLtinkishere in Olympia loved it
Just came out of the oven an it's OH MY GOD GOOD!!! We are having this with icecream :) Thanks for posting this recipe.tinkishere in Olympia loved it