Chicken And RiceFrom dixiediner 8 years ago
- One 3- to 3-1/2-pound chicken, cut into 8 pieces shopping list
- 6 cups water shopping list
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 large onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- 1 tablespoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 2 cups long- or whole-grain rice, rinsed shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot, bring all the ingredients except the rice to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Cover and allow to boil for 35 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the rice is tender, no pink remains in the chicken, and the chicken juices run clear.
The Cookdixiediner MS
- Not added to any groups yet!