Orange-Ginger CookiesFrom coffeebean53 8 years ago
- 2/3 cup shortening, melted shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup molasses shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/3 cup finely diced candied orange peel shopping list
- 1/3 cup finely diced crystallized ginger shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted almonds shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp ground ginger shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cloves shopping list
- sugar, for rolling cookies in before baking shopping list
- slivered almonds shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Pour shortening into mixing bowl and cool. Add 1 cup sugar, molasses and egg; mix well with wooden spoon. Stir in orange peel, crystallized ginger and chopped almonds.
- Stir together flour, soda, salt, ginger and cloves; add 1/4 at a time to sugar mixture, mixing well with hands.
- With lightly floured hands shape in 1" balls, roll in sugar and place on lightly greased cookie sheets 1 1/2" apart. Flatten slightly and press a slivered almond in the center of each. Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes (do not overbake; cookies should be chewy). Cool on rack.
The Cookcoffeebean53 Charlotte, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!