Cinnamon BunsFrom recipediva 7 years ago
- 1 package (1 tablespoon) yeast dissolve in shopping list
- ¼ cup lukewarm water mixed with ¼ tsp sugar. water needs to be warm enough, not SCALDING HOT, not cool! shopping list
- PROOF THIS (meaning, let it sit until it foams up. If it does not then the yeast is bad) shopping list
- Scald ¾ cup milk, shopping list
- add 1/3 cup sugar to yeast mixture. shopping list
- Add 1 teaspoon salt in and add 2 beaten eggs. shopping list
- Add the milk and yeast mixture together. shopping list
- Beat in 2 cups flour add ½ cup cold MELTED butter, shopping list
- then add 2 more cups flour adding more if needed to make non sticky dough. shopping list
How to make it
- Kneed, kneed…kneed.
- Let this rise. Punch, let rise.
- Roll out to rectangle
- Coat with butter, sugar or brown sugar, raisins, cinnamon. Roll and cut. Use a string to cut pieces.
- Gooey Topping: in sauce pan just until boiling. 1/4 c butter, 2/3 c karo, 1 ¾ c brown sugar, 1/4 c water, 1 1/2 c pecans (whole or chopped), 1 tablespoon cinnamon.
- Place in 9 x13 pan
- Place sliced rolls on top and bake 375 I some times bake at 350 it bakes for maybe 30-35 minutes. I don't know the time I bake this. I take it out when It is brown on top and when you tap the dough it sounds hollow.
- Wait 10 minutes to turn out of pan. ( at this point if I am not making for the holidays I leave it in the the pan with all the goo on the bottom, then top with the following topping, So you have goo, buns, cream cheese topping.)
- Cream Cheese Topping:
- 8oz cream cheese, room temp
- 1 stick sweet butter, not salted, room temp
- 10 x sugar until constancy you like
- you can add more butter make this to your liking….I often don’t turn out the buns & leave them in the pan and spread this on top of the buns. Deadly! Ok heart attack!
- Note,the water in the goo topping was an addition from an amish cookbook. It makes the goo soak up in the buns and makes it soft and gooey. The brown sugar goo wont ever be rock hard as some buns become from the brown sugar and butter.
The Cookrecipediva Pittsburgh, PA
The Rating2 people
Can't wait to try these. Thanks. Bookmarked. Ya got my "5"!dottiet in Woodward loved it