Microwave Potato ChipsFrom floridagirl 8 years ago
How to make it
- First you want to check if potatoes are old, peel and slice thin, 1/16" in thickness, slicing across the potato.
- Now if the potatoes are new or good skins, DO NOT PEEL, just scrub well, then slice them 1/16" in thickness, slicing across the potato.
- Now sprinkle with your choice of spices or herbs or just leave them plain.
- Then if you have a microwave bacon tray, place the sliced potatoes flat on the tray in a single layer.
- Next cover with a microwaveable, round heavy plastic cover.
- Now icrowave on HIGH (full power) for 7 to 8 minutes.
- This cooking time could vary slightly, depending on the wattage of your microwave.
- NOTE: You don't have to turn the sliced potatoes over.
- If you do not have a bacon tray, use a microwave safe casserole dish.
- Now rub the inside of the dish with some olive oil for the first batch of potato chips.
- Now after the first batch is done, you do not have to rub the dish again.
- Then continue to microwave the remainder of sliced potatoes as noted above.
- NOTE: You can also use PARCHMENT PAPER to place your potato slices.
- Now place your potato slices, then sprinkle them with whatever you like and then place another piece of parchment paper on top. This will help microwave the potatoes more evenly and then they should turn out crispy.
- Note: Cracked black pepper, grated parmesan and sea salt sprinkled after removing from microwave.