Acini di Pepe SaladFrom pamela 8 years ago
- 1 cup acini di pepe pasta shopping list
- 1 (15 oz) can mandarin oranges, liquid removed and set aside shopping list
- 1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple, liquid removed and set aside shopping list
- 1 (8 oz) container frozen whipped topping, defrosted shopping list
- 7 oz marshmallows, miniature sized shopping list
- 1 (10 oz) jar maraschino cherries, liquid removed (optional) shopping list
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup white sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
How to make it
- Boil a large pot of lightly salted water, then add pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes or until ‘al dente‘; drain.
- In medium saucepan, mix together the reserved liquids from oranges and pineapple (totals about 1 1/2 cups), flour, sugar, eggs, and salt. Cook until thickened, stirring continuously. After the mixture has thickened, mix in the cooked pasta and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, add the oranges, pineapple, whipped topping and marshmallows (to reach the desired amount). Combine then garnish with cherries, if desired. Keep chilled until ready to serve.
The Cookpamela San Diego, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!