Smothered ChickenFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 3 pound chicken cut up shopping list
- 1 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup bacon drippings or vegetable shortening shopping list
- 1 small white onion diced shopping list
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper shopping list
- 1-3/4 cup hot water shopping list
- 1/2 cup half and half shopping list
How to make it
- Wash chicken.
- Combine flour and next four ingredients and coat chicken then shake off excess.
- Reserve any leftover seasoned flour then recoat chicken and refrigerate 1 hour.
- In a large heavy frying pan over medium high heat melt drippings or shortening.
- Reduce heat to medium then add chicken and fry until chicken is golden on all sides.
- Remove chicken to a paper towel covered platter.
- Remove all but 1/4 cup of the oil from the pan.
- Add onion and bell pepper then sauté until onion is transparent.
- Add 1/4 cup of the reserved seasoned flour and brown until dark golden.
- Add hot water and half and half to the pan.
- Stir until smooth then return chicken to pan.
- Cover tightly and simmer over low heat until tender approximately 30 minutes.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!