Eggless Seafood TempuraFrom oescrazy1 6 years ago
- 2lb Mixed seafood e.g. Calamares (squid), prawns, scallops shopping list
- 4oz Plain white flour shopping list
- 5oz cornflour shopping list
- 2 tbsp baking powder shopping list
- salt and black pepper shopping list
- 11fl.oz. ice Cold Carbonated water shopping list
- vegetable oil for deep frying shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare the seafood, cut into even sized pieces if necessary, wash and dry well. The prawns and scallops can be left whole if they are not too large.
- Heat the deep fryer to 190C, 375F.
- Place the flours, baking powder and water in a large mixing bowl, season with plenty of salt and black pepper and mix until blended. Do not over mix: there should still little lumps of flour left as this adds to the texture of the finished tempura.
- Coat the seafood pieces with a little flour then dip into the batter.
- Deep fry in batches, for 2-3 minutes only until lightly golden brown and crispy. Drain on kitchen paper. Serve immediately.
- Makes 16fl.oz.
The Cookoescrazy1 AR
- Not added to any groups yet!