All - Natural Jamaican CakeFrom jo_jo_ba 9 years ago
- 1 ½ cups whole spelt flour shopping list
- ½ cup oat flour shopping list
- 3 tbsp. corn starch shopping list
- 1 ½ tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp. allspice shopping list
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg shopping list
- ¼ tsp. cloves shopping list
- 4 ripe, peeled plantains shopping list
- ¾ cup dates, pitted shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix dry ingredients thoroughly.
- Break plantains into pieces; add to blender along with the dates and about ¼ cup water.
- Run the blender at high speed until the contents are smooth.
- Pour the date mixture into the flour and blend well, adding water if required. Immediately pour batter into a greased 9 x 13” pan or 2 lightly oiled 9” baking pans.
- Bake 25 minutes. Cool completely in tins.
People Who Like This Dish 31
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
Sweet Tooth448 members
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
OrganicSustainable Farming Group171 members
Good To Freeze128 members
Comfort Foods773 members
Piece Of Cake376 members
Cooking Is Fun65 members
Party Food316 members
Vegetarian Food Lover425 members