Penne Pasta with Prosciutto Gorgonzola and TomatoesFrom dond 7 years ago
- ¼ cup olive oil shopping list
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1½ cups chopped prosciutto (about ⅔ Ib.) shopping list
- 2 large roma tomatoes, seeds removed and diced small shopping list
- 1 Ib. penne pasta shopping list
- ½ cup pine nuts shopping list
- 7-8 cups chicken stock, divided shopping list
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice shopping list
- ¼ cup brandy shopping list
- 1½ cups gorgonzola cheese, crumbled shopping list
- ¼ cup chopped parsley shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In a large skillet, combine the olive oil, garlic and prosciutto and cook on medium-low heat for about 6-8 minutes. Add the penne pasta and pine nuts, stirring well to coat.
- 2. Add 1-2 cups of stock, bring to a boil and cook until most of the stock is absorbed.
- 3. Repeat the process with the remaining stock until it is totally absorbed. Taste pasta towards the end to ensure it is not overcooked. It should be al dente.
- 4. Add the lemon juice, diced tomato, brandy, salt and pepper, stir well to coat. Let liquid cook down.
- 5. Stir in the Gorgonzola and parsley. Serve immediately.