Peanut Butter and Jelly BarsFrom bemontgomery 7 years ago
- 1 stick unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 large egg (room tempature shopping list
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup strawberry preserves shopping list
- 2/3 cup salted peanuts shopping list
- 2/3 cup peanut butter chips shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and lightly flower a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Lower speed and add egg, vanilla, and peanut butter. Beat.
- In a seperate bowl sift flower, baking powder, and salt. On low speed, slowly add flour mixture to peanut butter mixture. Mix to make dough. Set aside 1/2 cup of dough.
- Using your fingertips, press remaining dough into an even layer in the pan. Spread preserves over dough. Crumble preserved 1/2 cup dough over preserves. Sprinkle with peanuts and peanut butter chips.
- Bake 45 minutes until golden and bubbly.
- Cool on wire rack and cut into bars.