Beans And PorkFrom mbe 9 years ago
- ½ Tbsp neutral oil shopping list
- 1 heaping tsp cumin shopping list
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1.5 lbs of meaty organic pork ribs, cut into 2” pieces shopping list
- scant 3/4 cup of dried beans (kidney or otherwise) soaked in water at least overnight shopping list
- 1-2 Tbsp chipotles in adobo, roughly chopped shopping list
- 2 green onions roughly chopped shopping list
- ½ head garlic peeled and roughly chopped shopping list
- water to cover, about 2 cups shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste, a squeexe of lemon or dash of vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed frying pan and add the cumin.
- Fry briefly on medium heat until fragrant, then add the onion and meat.
- Fry these until nicely browned, 5 – 10 minutes depending on the heat.
- Add the drained beans, chipotle, garlic, green onions and enough water to cover.
- Season lightly and bring to a simmer, cover and cook for about 1 ½ hours, until the meat and beans are tender.
- Remove the cover and reduce the sauce until beginning to thicken.
- Before serving adjust the seasonings. Serve by itself or with sour cream, bread or rice.
- Nb: bean soaking time depends on the age of the bean. If using canned beans, rinse well and add for the last half hour of cooking.
The Cookmbe Vancouver, CN
- Not added to any groups yet!