Puree of Fennel and PotatoFrom dond 7 years ago
How to make it
- Steam the potato, fennel, and celery root in a vegetable steamer until soft.
- Roast the garlic cloves, still in the skin, in the oven at 400 F. until the flesh becomes golden brown and soft -- then remove the cloves from the skin.
- Combine the fennel, olive oil, and roasted garlic in a food processor and purée until smooth.
- Pass the steamed potato and celery root through the fine mesh of a food mill and follow with the puréed fennel.
- Heat the cream and stir it into the vegetables, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Keep in a warm place
- I generally put this mixture into a pastry bag just before serving, then squeeze out a small mound of it on the plate. The last time I served it, I put a portion of veal marsala on top and added some steamed haricot verts. It wasn't a particularly fancy presentation, but it looked elegant and everybody enjoyed it.
The Cookdond Rockville, MD
The Rating2 people
This sounds fantastic. Its raining in South Africa, I think this will go well with a lamb stew I intend to make tonight.andreac in Cape Town loved it
My goodness dond, I just love veggies and these sound so good. Yep, this is a winner and since I am a caregiver to Mamma, Pappa and my husband (they are disabled) I like to make my 'presentation' appealing to them because they eat better. I am always...moremystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!