Chili-garlic Roasted BroccoliFrom heatherbudapest 7 years ago
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, eyeball it shopping list
- 5 to 6 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped (I actually use up to a whole head sometimes, because I REALLY love garlic) shopping list
- 1 tablespoons chili powder shopping list
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning blend (eg: Montreal steak seasoning by McCormick Grill Mates). I just use hot Hungarian paprika, which is excellent, salt to taste, fresh-ground black pepper, and some red pepper flakes (these are hot & spicy; use to your tastes) shopping list
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into thin, long spears (I use "baby broccoli" from Trader Joes and just trim the ends and halve the larger pieces.) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place olive oil, garlic, chili powder and grill seasoning or paprika in the bottom of a large bowl.
- Add the broccoli spears.
- Toss to coat broccoli evenly. (I use my clean hands!)
- Transfer to a large nonstick baking sheet.
- Roast the broccoli until ends are crisp and brown and stalks are tender, 17 to 20 minutes.
- Excellent as a side dish with meat, or pretty satisfying on its own with fresh steamed quinoa with a little butter and tamari sauce (for a vegetarian meal). If you're serving it as a main dish it won't feed four people.
The Cookheatherbudapest By The Lakeside, MI
The Rating4 people
Oh my mouth is watering just reading this... Steamed broccoli used to be an everyday staple but I've gotten a bit sick of it. I think you may have revived the broccoli romance!scrumptious in San Francisco loved it
I made this tonight with broccolini. It was fantastic! My oven runs a tad bit cool, and I made it in a glass casserole dish rather than a cookie sheet, which may account for a longer cooking time: 23 minutes to get to roasted perfection.
morescrumptious in San Francisco loved it