MEXICAN SHRIMP COCKTAILFrom softshellcrab 9 years ago
- 2 1/2 lbs. medium shrimp (fresh if you want to do all the work or precooked and peeled) shopping list
- 2 16 oz. cans V8 juice to taste (I don't like it real soupy) shopping list
- 2 cucumbers, cut and diced into med. cubes. If not bitter, leave skin on. shopping list
- 2 large, fresh tomatoes, cut and diced (I peel and seed the maters) shopping list
- 2 avacados, cut and diced into 1 inch cubes (do this just before serving) shopping list
- 1 bunch celery, sliced shopping list
- 1 large sweet onion, diced into small tidbits shopping list
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped (half or more in cocktail and rest for garnish) shopping list
- 1/4 c. ketchuip shopping list
- 1/4 c. fresh lime juice shopping list
- limes cut for garnish shopping list
- 1 bottle of Tapatio hot sauce (add to taste) shopping list
- 1 box saltine crackers shopping list
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- First, cook or thaw shrimp, then rinse and refrigerate until nice and cool. If using cooked, frozen, defrost overnight in fridg.
- Dice all of your veggies except avacado. Add it at the last minute to avoid it turning too brown and getting mushy. Mix all veggies together in a large bowl.
- Mix ketchup and lime juice together and add to veggies.
- Add chopped cilantro (I use lots)
- Add shrimp and tomato juice cocktail
- Add salt and pepper and Tapatio Sauce (available in most markets) to taste.
- Serve in a big, stemmed water glass or beer mug (or something similar)
- Just before serving, dice the avacado and add to the mixture. Ladle into glasses, sprinkle cilantro on top and add lime wedge.
- Cut the rest of the limes into wedges. Put on a nice plate with crackers and enjoy!
- Leave the bottle of Tapatio out for those who like a little spice in their lives.
People Who Like This Dish 18
The Cooksoftshellcrab Albuquerque, NM
The Rating3 people
Yummy, just my favorite flavors.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Your recipe looks it will taste like the ones I have had at some of the Mexican Seafood restaurants that I really love. Thanks for the recipe. This will make my diet much more pleasant!trisha6341 in Friendswood loved it
I make this about 3 times a month now that its sooo hot out. Everyone loves this recipe.trisha6341 in Friendswood loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!