MEXICAN SHRIMP COCKTAILFrom softshellcrab 6 years ago
- 2 1/2 lbs. medium shrimp (fresh if you want to do all the work or precooked and peeled) shopping list
- 2 16 oz. cans V8 juice to taste (I don't like it real soupy) shopping list
- 2 cucumbers, cut and diced into med. cubes. If not bitter, leave skin on. shopping list
- 2 large, fresh tomatoes, cut and diced (I peel and seed the maters) shopping list
- 2 avacados, cut and diced into 1 inch cubes (do this just before serving) shopping list
- 1 bunch celery, sliced shopping list
- 1 large sweet onion, diced into small tidbits shopping list
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped (half or more in cocktail and rest for garnish) shopping list
- 1/4 c. ketchuip shopping list
- 1/4 c. fresh lime juice shopping list
- limes cut for garnish shopping list
- 1 bottle of Tapatio hot sauce (add to taste) shopping list
- 1 box saltine crackers shopping list
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- First, cook or thaw shrimp, then rinse and refrigerate until nice and cool. If using cooked, frozen, defrost overnight in fridg.
- Dice all of your veggies except avacado. Add it at the last minute to avoid it turning too brown and getting mushy. Mix all veggies together in a large bowl.
- Mix ketchup and lime juice together and add to veggies.
- Add chopped cilantro (I use lots)
- Add shrimp and tomato juice cocktail
- Add salt and pepper and Tapatio Sauce (available in most markets) to taste.
- Serve in a big, stemmed water glass or beer mug (or something similar)
- Just before serving, dice the avacado and add to the mixture. Ladle into glasses, sprinkle cilantro on top and add lime wedge.
- Cut the rest of the limes into wedges. Put on a nice plate with crackers and enjoy!
- Leave the bottle of Tapatio out for those who like a little spice in their lives.
People Who Like This Dish 18
The Cooksoftshellcrab Albuquerque, NM
The Rating3 people
Your recipe looks it will taste like the ones I have had at some of the Mexican Seafood restaurants that I really love. Thanks for the recipe. This will make my diet much more pleasant!
I make this about 3 times a month now that its sooo hot out. Everyone loves this recipe.
So glad summer is here so we can eat this again! I ordered a case of Cameronazo (shrimp and tomato juice from Walmart) and I am ready for the summer! This is THE best recipe. I judge all shrimp cocktails by this even when we eat out! I follow this re...more
- Not added to any groups yet!