Hopping Mad Cranberry KangarooFrom pierrekuhn 9 years ago
- 800g kangaroo fillet or other cut shopping list
- 250g cranberry yelly shopping list
- 250ml red wine vinegar shopping list
- 500ml of beef or veal stock shopping list
- 800g kipfler potatoes shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- fresh rosemary shopping list
- fresh marjoram shopping list
- fresh oregano shopping list
- fresh Italian parsley shopping list
- big hand full of cherry tomatoes shopping list
- rocket / baby spinach shopping list
- salt shopping list
- black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Put oven on low.
- Cut Kangaroo into large bite size pieces marinate with good olive oil and garlic and set aside.
- Pierce cherry tomatoes with a knife and drop into hot water for 1-2 minutes only. Drain, peel skin off and set aside.
- Wash and cut potatoes into strips. (only use kipfler, others won't do the trick) Par-boil half through and set aside.
- Heat up pan and fry Kangaroo medium rare only... about 2 min each side. Put into dish and cover with alu foil and put into oven to keep warm.
- Add red wine vinegar to pan and bring to a boil. Add stock and cranberries. Reduce to a thick juz. When done put into bowl and into oven to keep warm.
- Take fresh oregano, rosemary and majoram and crush up in mortar. Add olive oil salt, pepper and mix up.
- Add mix to pan with desiree potatoes and tomatoes. Reduce heat to half and fry up. Put lid on for some of the time to boil the potatoes through. Make sure heat is enough to brown the spuds but not too hot to burn herbs.
- Put salad onto plates, arrange potatoes and tomatoes on top in star shape from center. Add pieces of Roo.
- Drissle juz all over and top off with chopped up parsley..
- Presto!!.. This is a true winner. Tangy, gamey, sweet, rich and fresh.
The Cookpierrekuhn Sydney-AUSTRALIA, NSW
The Rating3 people
As much as I would love to go down under,do not think I will be doing it eating kangaroo.My sons nick name is roo so no roo eating for this Mom.At the ripe old age of 25 I am sure he will love this recipe!!!!I have a doe and fawn in my back yard.Good...morenanny in Haddam loved it
Rabbits I do.My kids thought they were eating chicken for years.I marinate in lemon, garlic,olive oil salt and pepper for a few hours and grill.Great meal!!!Thanks for a cookin buddy down under!nanny in Haddam loved it
I tried this with sirloin as Nanny did...absolutely delicious.coffeebean53 in Charlotte loved it