Tried and True Pasta with Feta Cheese and SquashFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
How to make it
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon butter and onion to large frying pan.
- Turn heat to high until butter melts then reduce heat to low and spread onions in a thin layer and cook uncovered stirring occasionally.
- Add a bit more olive oil if it seems dry.
- But butternut squash into 3/4 inch cubes and steam until just tender about 15 minutes.
- Boil water in deep pot with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Boil pasta for 8 minutes.
- Once onions are golden add squash to pan and fold together, trying to leave the chunks of squash whole.
- Drain pasta and place in bowl.
- Add remaining olive oil and stir.
- Fold in onion and squash then fold in feta cheese.