Nikis Armenian Nutmeg Walnut CakeFrom vindee 8 years ago
- 110g self raising flour shopping list
- 110g plain flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly grated nutmeg shopping list
- 110g butter shopping list
- 110g light brown sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda shopping list
- 175 ml milk shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 100g walnuts, chopped shopping list
- ground cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- Armenian Nutmeg & Walnut Cake
- Adapted from a recipe on the Billington's Sugar Website
- This whole cake can be made in a food processor, if you have one.
- Preheat the oven to Gas 5/190°C/375°F.
- Sift the flours and ½ teaspoon of the ground nutmeg into a mixing bowl and rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the sugar. Press half the mixture into a greased 20cm cake tin.
- Combine the bicarbonate of soda with the milk and stir into the remaining dry ingredients with the egg, another 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg and 3/4 of the walnuts, mixing well.
- Pour into the tin and sprinkle over the rest of the nutmeg and walnuts, and some ground cinnamon.
- Cook for about 35 minutes until golden.
- Cool in the tin for 5 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack to become cold...Unquote