Vegan Mac And cheeseFrom mommywalker 8 years ago
- 1 lb noodles (I prefer spiral because the sauce sticks to them so well) shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic shopping list
- half of an onion diced into very small pieces shopping list
- 1 cup nutritional yeast (a yellow cheese like flakes that can be found in most "Whole Foods" stores - DO NOT BE CONFUSED WITH bread YEAST - THEY ARE TOTALLY DIFFERENT) shopping list
- 1 cup soymilk shopping list
- 2 Tbsp margarine shopping list
- 1 tsp wet mustard shopping list
- 2 pinches chopped basil shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp pepper shopping list
- oil to coat pan shopping list
How to make it
- Cook pasta in boiling water, following directions on the box.
- Dice the onion and garlic.
- Lightly cover the bottom of a small pot with oil and fry the diced onion and garlic at medium-low until onion is transparent.
- Pour the nutritional yeast and soymilk into the pot.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, somewhat in the order listed above, while mixing the contents at low heat.
- Continue heating the sauce for a couple minutes, stirring often.
- When pasta is done, strain it and mix with the sauce.
The Cookmommywalker ALPHARETTA, GA
The Rating6 people
I love this recipe, and totally agree with you on the noodle choice!jo_jo_ba in Oshawa loved it
Not bad. I needed some Bragg Sprinkles and a little salad and I was set to go!jaybee in Decatur loved it
Sounds interesting will try it if I can find the nutritional yeast. Thanks for sharing.
Nada :)nadaism in Bathurst loved it