Boneless Breast Of Chicken SaltimboccaFrom caramia 9 years ago
- 6 whole boneless chicken breasts,cut in half shopping list
- 1/3 plus 1 tblsp all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/3 cup clarified butter shopping list
- 12 thin slices of prosciutto ham shopping list
- 6-1oz slices of monterey jack cheese,cut in half shopping list
- 1/4 cup shallots shopping list
- 3 large cloves garlic minced shopping list
- 1/2 lb sliced mushrooms(3 cups) shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1tsp each fresh thyme and oregano or 1/2 tsp eachh dried thyme and oregano shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry sherry and cream shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Dip chicken in flour:brown in butter.
- Arrange in a buttered 13 x9 x 2 baking dish
- top each with 1 slice prosciutto ham and 1/2 slice cheese
- Cook shallots in garlic until soft
- add mushrooms,wine,broth and herbs bring to a boil and cook 10 min.
- stir into hot mixture 1 tblsp flour and a small amount sherry and cream season with salt and pepper.
- pour sauce over chicken.
- Bake in a 375 oven for 20 min