Grilled Game Hens with Honey Mustard Cilantro GlazeFrom jilliebean 7 years ago
- 3 (1 1/4 pound) Cornish Game Hens shopping list
- 3 tablespoons mustard seeds shopping list
- 2 tablespoons celery seeds shopping list
- 2 cups honey shopping list
- 1 cup cilantro leaves shopping list
- 3 tablespoons dry mustard shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cracked black pepper shopping list
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped (about 1/4 cup) shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
How to make it
- Remove and discard giblets and necks from hens. Rinse hens with cold water; pat dry. Remove skins; trim excess fat. Split hens in half lengthwise.
- Combine mustard seeds and celery seeds in a small skillet; cook over medium heat for 1minute or until toasted.
- Place seeds in a blender and process until ground. Add honey and the next 7 ingredients (honey through garlic); process mixture until well blended.
- Place hens and 1 cup honey mixture in a shallow dish; cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 8 hours, reserving the remaining honey mixture.
- Remove hens from dish; discard marinade. Place hens on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 25 minutes or until juices run clear; turning and basting with reserved honey mixture.