TzatzikiFrom borinda 6 years ago
- 4 cups fresh, unflavored yogurt shopping list
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and coarsely grated shopping list
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. dried dillweed shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- Additional olive oil to drizzle as garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Place a cheesecloth or paper coffee filter in a colander and pour in the yogurt. Allow the yogurt to drain for several hours. I put it in the refrigerator the night before I make tzatziki.
- Place the grated cucumber in another colander and let that drain for two hours.
- Mix together all of the ingredients except the extra olive oil for garnish, and then chill.
- Serve on individual plates with pita wedges as an appetizer, garnished with a drizzle of olive oil, at each person's seat -OR- in a bowl with pita wedges and/or crudite with drinks.
- NOTE: please be sure to keep this covered well and chilled only 2 or 3 days until used and enjoyed.
The Cookborinda SoCal, CA
The Rating5 people
That's a 5 hands down! I love this stuff and could eat the entire bowl of it when I make it - so good on sandwiches, and I love to use celery sticks as "dippers". Delish post!! Anyone who's never tried this, really REALLY, you should...krumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it
This is one of my favorite foods ever. I am in love with all things Greek. Truly. Thanks, hon - great post!!lunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!