Roasted Red Pepper Linguine with PrawnsFrom katerina 9 years ago
- 1T olive oil shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced shopping list
- 1/2 small onion, diced shopping list
- 2 red peppers, roasted and diced shopping list
- 1/3C white wine shopping list
- 1 large can of whole tomatoes, drained, de-seeded and diced shopping list
- 2t fresh parsley, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 thai chilli, crushed or 1t of red pepper flakes shopping list
- a dozen prawns shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- linguine shopping list
How to make it
- Put a large pot of salted water on high to boil for the pasta.
- Prep the ingredients. If you are using jarred red peppers give them a rinse and drain and then dice them. Alternatively you can roast the peppers under a broiler until black, seal in a plastic bag until cool enough to touch, and then peel them and dice them. Over the sink de-seed each tomato by sticking your thumb in and scraping out the seeds - wear an apron - then dice them. Chop the onions, garlic and parsley and if you are using thai chilli's crush them in a mortar and pestle.
- In a large skillet over medium-low heat swirl the olive oil in the pan and add the onions and garlic. Stir regularly until the onions are soft (about 3 minutes) to make sure the garlic doesn't burn. Add the roasted peppers and turn the heat up to medium. Continue stirring for a few minutes until the peppers are soft. Add the wine.
- Put your linguine in to cook and set the timer for 90 seconds under what the package suggests.
- Continue cooking pepper mixture until the wine has almost all cooked off - about 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and parsley until heated through and then the prawns. Cover the skillet and cook stirring every minute or two until the prawns are pink - about 3 minutes. Turn the heat down to low until the pasta is ready.
- When the timer goes off test the pasta for doneness (it should have a light bite) drain and add to the skillet. Toss and serve garnished with parsley.
People Who Like This Dish 11
- raelene1951 Brighton, CO
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- hoosiermom68 Merrillville, IN
- katerina Vancouver, CA
- pintobean New Port Richey, FL
- taryn1986 Liverpool, GB
- ruimoura Covilha, PT
- loewus9 Miami, FL
- tammysunshine5 Albuquerque, NM
- califlorican Pleasant Hill, CA
- Plus 1 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookkaterina Vancouver, CA
The Rating4 people
very, very nice!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
How did you become a fan of your own dish? I thought we were not able to rate our own dishes!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!