Chicken TaosFrom craftyazgirl 9 years ago
- 1 frying chicken, 3 to 3 1/2 lbs. cut up. shopping list
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed shopping list
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 3/4 cup chili sauce shopping list
- 1 chicken flavor bouillon cube shopping list
- 1 cup boiling water shopping list
- 1/3 cup dry sherry shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, optional shopping list
- Hot cooked long-grain rice, for serving shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse chicken pieces, then pat dry with paper towels.
- Mix flour, salt and pepper.
- Dredge chicken pieces with the flour mixture. Reserve remainder.
- In Dutch oven or large skillet, brown chicken pieces in butter.
- Remove chicken. Pour off most of fat.
- Saute onion and garlic in remaining drippings for 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Stir in remaining flour mixture.
- Put chicken pieces back in pan . Add Worcestershire sauce, chili sauce, bouillon cube dissolved in the water and the sherry.
- Bring to a boil. Cover ,turn heat to medium and simmer for 30 minutes or until chicken is tender. Remove chicken to a hot platter.
- If used ,thicken sauce with the cornstarch blended with a little cold water.
- Spoon some of the sauce over the chicken. Serve remainder separately.
- Serve with hot cooked rice.
The Cookcraftyazgirl El Mirage, AZ
The Rating3 people
I just made this for dinner tonight. It was a big hit. I used chicken thighs (they were $.79 per pound at the local market) and it turned out great.mbeards2 in Omaha loved it