Apple Sausage BlossomFrom grizzlybear 6 years ago
- 1 1b. freshly ground pork sausage shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. dried sage shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- dash pepper shopping list
- 3/4 c. fresh bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 egg - beaten shopping list
- 1 onion finely diced shopping list
- 1 apple (Granny Smith) peeled & shredded shopping list
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1 pkg puff pastry sheets shopping list
How to make it
- Blend crumbs, seasonings and brown sugar together.
- Add all ingredients in large bowl and mix until evenly distributed. May refrigerate overnight.
- Use 2/3 cup and shape into "patties" and freeze until needed (thaw before using).
- When ready to bake use puff pastry. Cut one sheet into 6 or 9 pieces. Roll each piece into 5" square.
- Place 1 patty in center, gather corners over top center tucking sides in, twist together then separate "petals" and press down in center.
- Brush with another beaten egg.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 45 minutes.