Chicken Chasey Breaded Chicken Lasagna With Mozzerella CheeseFrom kk_chasey 8 years ago
- 4 chicken breasts -- Beaten flat with pounder shopping list
- 2 Whole eggs or egg whites shopping list
- 1 C bread crumbs --Italian herb crumbs may be used for extra flavor shopping list
- 1/2 C Finely grated parmesan cheese --extra for topping shopping list
- 1 Can spaghetti sauce (your brand/flavor preference) I always like to have spare sauce and buy two just in case shopping list
- 3-4 large Mozzerella balls packaged in water --drained and sliced thin shopping list
- garlic salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1Package spaghetti noodles- your preference although regular pasta noodles work best. Angelhair okay shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- Food snobs may sub organic ingredients for all and use Ezekiel pasta noodles instead. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350
- Set up three plates side-by-side. One bowl, one deep plate and one flat plate layered with paper towl sheets.
- In the 1st bowl beat eggs/ egg whites
- In the 2nd deep dish, mix bread crumbs with parmesan cheese
- The third bowl is for the finished chicken.
- Pound all chicken breasts with a pounder until as thin as possible without them falling apart. A helpful hint is to lay a piece of saran-wrap over the chicken to prevent the pounder from sticking to the chicken.
- Dip the breasts individually into one dish at a time, first covering the chicken completely in eggs. Dip immediately into dish two and cover completely with bread crumbs and parmesan cheese, and then set chicken aside. Chicken is ready to fry.
- Heat small amount of oive oil in pan and fry chicken breasts until a slight golden brown. Be careful not to burn the crust. Chicken is done when inside is white.
- When chicken is done, place in dish three, wrapping each breast in paper towl to soak up any excess oil. Set Chicken aside.
- Layer the bottom of a 9" lasagna dish.
- Layer one : 1/2 can spaghetti sauce. (rest will be used for dressing)
- Layer two : Prepared chicken breasts spaced side-by side
- Layer three: Mozzerella cheese slices on top of chicken
- Place in oven for approx. 30 min or until all cheese is melted. garlic salt may be added for extra flavor directly over chicken.
- During this time, cook pasta according to directions on box and drain.
- To serve:
- Dish out pasta onto plates and top them with chicken lasagna out of the oven. Salt, parmesan cheese and pepper to taste
People Who Like This Dish 34
The Cookkk_chasey Austin, TX
The Rating8 people
I love lasagne, beef, chicken, veg it doesn't matter. This is a real easy and quick one. Thanxtinadc in Cape Town loved it
love the recipe and the detailed instructions with comments! Putting into my "saved" file for winter. NO oven cooking in FL in summertime for me.shai in Gainesville loved it
shai in Gainesville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!