Green Bean SaladFrom craftyazgirl 7 years ago
- 1 lb. fresh green beans, trimmed shopping list
- 1 small carrot, julienned (about 1/2 cup) shopping list
- 1 medium red or green or yellow bell pepper, julienned (about 1 cup) shopping list
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup) shopping list
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil over high heat. Add green beans to pan and cook for 4 minutes. Add carrots to pan; cook until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 1 minute.
- Drain green beans and carrots in a colander. Rinse under cold running water until cool. using paper towels, pat dry.
- In a serving bowl, combine bell pepper, onion, salad dressing, and black pepper. Mix well. Add green beans and carrots; toss gently to combine vegetables with dressing. serve immediately.
- TO PREPARE IN ADVANCE
- prepare green beans and carrots as directed in steps 1 and 2 . Place in a large resealable plastic bag and seal. In a medium bowl,combine bell pepper,onion, salad dressing, and black pepper. Mix well.Cover bowl with plastic wrap. Refrigerate green beans and bell pepper mixtures separately 1 day ahead. Just before serving, toss together green bean and bell pepper mixtures.
The Cookcraftyazgirl El Mirage, AZ
The Rating2 people
The picture alone is what sold me ~ I think I'll make a batch for next weeks lunches.ucred2 in Huntsville loved it