Oeufs A La CoqueFrom scrumptious 6 years ago
How to make it
- Put enough water to cover egg-height in a medium-sized pot. Bring water to boil.
- With a large spoon, gently set eggs one at a time into boiling water. Try to do this quickly but smoothly. If they crack it isn't a disaster, but that is not the desired effect.
- Once all eggs are in, flip over an egg timer, or set a timer for 3 minutes exactly. Let water continue to boil.
- Put bread in toaster, timing it (depending on how you like your toast) so that it will be done when the 3 minutes are up.
- Slice toast into thin strips.
- Remove eggs from water and set in egg cups. (Espresso cups, shot glasses, etc., work as substitute egg cups.)
- Slice top off of eggs using egg cutter, or tap a butter knife at the crown of the egg and pop the top of the shell off.
- As you eat, butter each strip of warm toast with the cool butter and dip into the hot runny yolk of the egg.
- When you have finished off the yolk with your toast, use your tiny spoon to scoop out the egg whites.
- Enjoy your petit dejeuner!