Chinese Way Of Cooking ChickenFrom jemison 6 years ago
- 1 3-lb. chicken - cut up and wash shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (I like white pepper) shopping list
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley or 1/2 t. dried shopping list
- 1 small onion, cut up shopping list
- 1 carrot, peeled and quartered shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 4 ribs celery with leaves, quartered shopping list
How to make it
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil with the vegetables and seasoning.
- Place the chicken in the pot (be sure it is enough water to cover the chicken).
- Use tongs to immediately take the chicken out of the pot and place in a bowl.
- Bring the water to a second boil.
- Return the hot chicken to the boiling water.
- Cover the pot with a lid.
- Turn the burner off.
- Let the chicken set for 1 hour in the hot water (it is then fully cooked).
- Do not open the lid during this time.
- Use tongs to remove the chicken pieces after it has set for 1 hour; let the chicken cool.
- Strain the broth and discard the vegetables.
- Chill the broth.
- Remove chilled fat from the broth.
- Store the broth and save for other uses.
- Remove the meat from bones; discard skin and bones; cube the meat.
- Use or store the meat in 2 cup containers for other uses; label, date and freeze.
People Who Like This Dish 16
- michelle37185 Waverly, TN
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- leroux Surfside Beach, SC
- gchen713 Newark, NJ
- broadzilla Saxonburg, PA
- babytkakes Columbus, GA
- bakermel Topeka, KS
- billybobdupree5 Niles, MI
- suzalleogram Easthampton, MA
- Plus 6 othersFrom around the world!