Double-Chocolate Hazelnut BiscottiFrom jo_jo_ba 8 years ago
- 6 oz shelled and roasted hazelnuts shopping list
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour shopping list
- ¾ cup flour shopping list
- 3 oz miniature dark chocolate chips shopping list
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa shopping list
- 1 tbsp instant coffee powder shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- ¼ tsp table salt shopping list
- ½ cup sugar shopping list
- ½ cup brown sugar shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 2 medium egg whites shopping list
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with foil and spray the foil with non-stick cooking spray. Adjust the oven racks to divide the oven into thirds.
- In a food processor, combine ½ the hazelnuts, flour, ½ the chocolate chips, cocoa, coffee powder, baking soda and salt.
- Process until nuts are finely ground; transfer dry ingredients to a large bowl.
- In the same food processor (no need to clean), combine sugars, eggs, egg whites and vanilla until slightly thickened.
- Add dry ingredients. Stir in remaining hazelnuts and chocolate chips.
- Make 2 ropes of batter on each baking sheet, with space in between.
- Bake, reversing baking sheets once, until firm, about 17 minutes. Reduce oven to 300°F.
- Place logs on a cutting board. Cut with a serrated knife on diagonal into ½” slices.
- Place slices upright on baking sheets. Bake 20-25 minutes.
- Cool completely on wire racks. Store in an airtight container.