Fresh SalsaFrom wmhaynes 7 years ago
- 6 pounds fresh tomatoes shopping list
- 10 cloves of garlic shopping list
- 1 large onion shopping list
- 1 bunch green onions diced including firm part of the stem. shopping list
- 3 banana peppers, seeded and diced. shopping list
- 1 or 2 jalapeno or other spicy pepper diced (optional) shopping list
- 1 bunch cilantro shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- Dice tomatoes as fine as you like. Dice garlic and onion finely; chop green onion, peppers, and cilantro. Mix together and pour lime juice and sprinkle salt over the mixture. Mix well. Refrigerate for at least one hour, though longer will allow the flavors to meld even more! This will keep refrigerated for a week or more.
- I believe the secret to great salsa is the cilantro, lime juice, and salt. You can make many varieties using other ingredients including mango, pineapple, peaches, etc with the tomatoes to change up the salsa.