Pasta with Tuscan RaguFrom raventx1 7 years ago
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 8 ounces low-fat italian sausage, casings removed shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes shopping list
- 2 cups finely diced carrots shopping list
- 1 cup finely diced onion shopping list
- 1 cup finely diced celery shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry red wine shopping list
- 3 cups canned chopped tomatoes, with their juices shopping list
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil shopping list
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 12 ounces penne pasta shopping list
How to make it
- n a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the sausage, garlic and red pepper flakes and cook, breaking the sausage up with a wooden spoon, for 5 minutes.
- Add the carrot, onion and celery and cook until just beginning to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add the wine and simmer until it has almost completely evaporated.
- Add the tomatoes, chicken broth and basil and simmer, uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in boiling, salted water until it is al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain and toss with the sausage ragu.
- Transfer the pasta mixture to a deep baking dish. Sprinkle the cheese on top, cover with foil and bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve in warm pasta bowls.
The Cookraventx1 Houston, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!