Dijon Egg and Bagel SandwichFrom jaie 9 years ago
- 2 bagels, halved shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sliced scallions shopping list
- 1/8 tablespoon basil leaves shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- butter, about 1 tablespoon shopping list
- 2 lettuce leaves shopping list
- 2 slices Canadian bacon shopping list
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard shopping list
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise shopping list
- 2 slices sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 2 slices tomato shopping list
How to make it
- Broil bagel halves 6-inches from heat for 1-3 minutes so the sliced part is lightly toasted but the rest of the bagel is soft and chewy.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, scallions, basil, salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add Canadian bacon.
- Cook for about 1 minute on each side until hot, remove from skillet.
- Add egg mixture to skillet.
- Cook until eggs are just-about thoroughly cooked and add cheese slices.
- Cover and allow cheese to melt.
- Spread each bagel with 1 teaspoon dijon mustard and 1 teaspoon mayonnaise.
- Top each bagel half with lettuce leaf, one slice Canandian bacon, one slice tomato and 1/2 the egg mixture with cheese.
- Top with remaining bagel half.