Sweet and Sour SteakFrom dvisscher 7 years ago
- 2 lbs round steak shopping list
- 2 tbsp oil shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1/3 c brown sugar shopping list
- 1/3 c vinegar shopping list
- 2 onions sliced and separated into rings shopping list
- 2 small green peppers, sliced thinly shopping list
- 1/2 lb sliced fresh mushrooms shopping list
- 2 bay leaves (fresh or dried) shopping list
- 1 tbsp Worcesterschire sauce shopping list
- 8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In frying pan, heat oil then brown meat on both sides, adding salt and pepper.
- Transfer to large glass baking dish or roaster.
- Spread onions, mushrooms, bacon, and green peppers over meat.
- In mixing bowl combine the tomatoes, vinegar, brown sugar, Worcesterschire sauce, and bay leaves.
- Pour over meat; add salt and pepper if you like.
- Cover pan and roast in oven for three hours. You may add some fresh slices of green pepper during the last 1/2 hour of cooking just to add some fresh taste.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or polenta. Yum!