basic butternut squash soupFrom hiddenpoet 7 years ago
How to make it
- preheat oven to 375. brush the bottom of a 13 x 9 baking dish with oil.
- halve and seed the squash. prick all over with a toothpick, fork or in my case a corn cob holder.
- bake until tender, about 45 minutes. remove from baking dish and let cool about five minutes on the cutting board.
- scoop out the squash and place into a blender or food processor. add about one cup of the stock and blend until smooth.
- transfer this puree into a pot and add the rest of the broth and the milk.
- stir until heated through and serve.
- don't be afraid to be creative with this recipe. i've added cream and wine, leeks and garlic, cinnamon and apple, like i said this recipe is a solid one to play with.
The Cookhiddenpoet Las Vegas, NV
- Not added to any groups yet!