Chicken With CapsicumFrom ambus 9 years ago
- 1/2 cup oil shopping list
- 1 large onion,finely chopped shopping list
- 1 tbsp ginger and garlic paste shopping list
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder shopping list
- 2 tsp red chilli powder shopping list
- 500 g chicken shopping list
- 1 tbsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1 tbsp salt shopping list
- 1 cup tomato purree (peel tomatoes and blend to a puree) shopping list
- 3-4 capsicum ,diced shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in a pan. Add onion and saute until tender.
- Add ginger and garlic paste and fry for a few seconds.
- Add turmeric,red chilli and 2-3 tbsp of water,stirring constantly.
- Stir the paste until it becomes fragrant.This usually takes 1 to 2
- minutes (be careful not to burn it).
- Add chicken and stir until they are coated.
- Add cumin,salt and tomato puree.Bring to a boil,then reduce the heat to medium.
- Cover and simmer until chicken is cooked.
- Remove the lid and let the sauce reduce till very thick.
- Add capsicum and stir well.Cook on a very low flame until capsicum is slightly tender.
- Serve hot with plain boiled rice/chappati/bread.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookambus Lahore, PK
The Rating4 people
Glad I came across this one have never tried capsicum with chicken. Sounds delish, will try this week. Thanks for sharing - Amna.atariq123 in Rochester Hills loved it
Sounds so delicious, Ambus! And I'm liking the quick and easy part. Bookmarked to try :) ^5lori4flavor in Chicago loved it