Spaghetti With Garlic And VegetablesFrom yokotachick 7 years ago
- pasta shopping list
- 1 lb dried spaghetti (Barilla No. 8) shopping list
- vegetables shopping list
- 1 red onion (medium) ~ thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 Large potato ~ thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 green pepper ~ thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 red pepper ~ thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms (any kind) shopping list
- 1 cup corn (steamed) shopping list
- 1 cup sweet peas (steamed) shopping list
- 3 cloves of garlic ~ crushed shopping list
- 1 large jalapeno or cubanelle pepper (optional) shopping list
- 2 tbsp EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) + extra to toss in the pasta shopping list
- 1 tsp crushed red peppers shopping list
- Shredded parmeasan / romano cheese shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Boil water and cook pasta as instructed on the box. When draining, save 1/2 cup liquid for cooking. Drain pasta and toss in some EVOO and crushed red peppers (one you use for pizza topping).
- Heat up the oil in a large skillet. When it's hot, add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the onions and saute for about 4-5 minutes. You want them to sweat but not crisp or burn.
- Now add the potatoes, and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Now add the rest of the veggies and 1/2 cup boiling liquid.
- Cook for another 5 minutes, covered.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add your pasta and gently toss evenly. Cook for about 1-2 minutes until the spaghetti is drenched in the veggies.
- And that's it. Serve hot with a piece of bread and sprinkly some cheese on plate.
- Bon Apetito!
The Cookyokotachick NYC, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!