Chicken LollipopFrom meltingwok 7 years ago
- 5 chicken drumettes shopping list
- 1 tsp minced ginger shopping list
- 1 cube fermented red beancurd, mashed ( optional, all-purpose cajun seasoning is great too ) shopping list
- 1 egg white shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
- shaoxing wine ( OR other chinese cooking wine ) shopping list
- ground black pepper shopping list
- salt and sugar to taste shopping list
- cornflour shopping list
- panko breadcrumbs shopping list
How to make it
- With a knife, pull and scrape the meat off the top to the bottom of the chicken drumette.
- Marinate the chicken with minced ginger, mashed fermented red beancurd, egg white, black pepper, salt and sugar.
- Set the chicken in the refrigerator and let it marinate for about 10 minutes.
- Dip the chicken drumettes into the cornflour, then dip them into the egg yolk wash, and continue the same with the breadcrumbs.
- ( TIP : Quick chill in the freezer while the oil is heating up on the frying wok, to prevent breadcrumbs from falling off into the oil while frying )
- Deep fry the chicken drumettes on medium-high heat until golden brown.
People Who Like This Dish 13
- carvinmom F0rt Benton, MT
- wokkingmum Singapore, SG
- chefsharon The Woodlands, TX
- dwifeymom Quezon City, PH
- edithlee712 Sitiawan, MY
- hollymayb Baltimore, Maryland
- bloom Dusseldorf, DE
- lxz590 Overland Park, KS
- carmenperez Hormigueros, PR
- jakartainflames Jakarta, Indonesia
- Plus 3 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookmeltingwok Covina, CA
The Rating3 people
oh these drumsticks look so good... cant wait to try a lot of your recipes.. you can teach me anyday!!! thanks for sharing and i hope to stop by often... carvinmom in montanacarvinmom in f0rt benton loved it
I have a simple drumlet recipe that look really similar to yours when done! ;pwokkingmum in Singapore loved it
This looks fantastic! I'm going to try this for sure, what a great concept and panko is the bomb isn't it? Do you serve these with a dip?chefsharon in The Woodlands loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!