firecrackersFrom wolf_maiden 8 years ago
How to make it
- place the prawns on their sides and cut two slits through the underbelly of each, one about 1/2 inch from the head and the other about 1/2 inch from the first cut, cutting across the prawn. This will prevent the prawns from curling when cooked.
- mix the curry paste with the fish sauce in a shallow dish.
- add the prawns and turn them in the mixture until they are well coated.
- cover and leave for 10 mins.
- soak the noodles in a boil of boiling water for 3 mins until softened, drain and refresh under cold running water.
- place a wonton wrapper on the work surface at an angle so in forms a diamond shape.
- fold the top corner of the wonton wrapper over so that it points to the middle.
- place the prawn slits down on the wrapper, with the tail sticking out of the folded end.
- fold each side of the wrapper over the prawn to make a neatly folded wrap.
- tie a noodle in a bow around the wrap.
- repeat with remaining prawns
- fry the prawns a few at a time for 5 mins until golden brown and cooked through.
- drain well and serve.
The Cookwolf_maiden Preston, GB
- Not added to any groups yet!