Citrus Sweet Potato PacketsFrom shirleyoma 6 years ago
- * 2-3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced thinly shopping list
- * 1/3 cup onion, finely chopped shopping list
- * 1/3 cup orange juice shopping list
- * 3 tablespoons butter or margarine shopping list
- * 1-2 tablespoons orange peel shopping list
- * 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- * aluminum foil shopping list
- * olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat grill for medium heat. Tear off four large pieces of foil, about 18 x 22 inches, and brush with olive oil. Place even amounts of sweet potato onto each piece of foil. Top with butter, chopped onion, 1-2 tablespoons orange juice, salt, and grated orange peel.
- Fold foil into a nice neat packet. Be sure not to wrap too tightly. Place packets onto grill and allow to cook for 30 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Remove from heat, open packets carefully allowing steam to escape.