Boil in bag omeletFrom 99bordeaux 8 years ago
- 2-3 eggs -per omelet (4 or more will NOT work) -just make 2 if you want more shopping list
- 1 ziplock freezer baggie -with person's name written in sharpie or other water proof pen/marker shopping list
- 1 pot boiling water (only 8 baggies per pot -if more use another pot) shopping list
- salt & pepper -to taste shopping list
- YOUR CHOICE OF OMELET FIXINS: shopping list
- grated cheese (any kind you like) shopping list
- cooked bacon crumbles shopping list
- cooked sausage crumbles shopping list
- scallions or finely diced onion shopping list
- finely diced green pepper shopping list
- tomatos -diced or sliced shopping list
- salsa shopping list
- spinach shopping list
- artichoke hearts shopping list
- the choices are endless... shopping list
How to make it
- Put pot of water on to boil.
- Write each parties name on ziplock freezer baggie.
- Chop or cook any omelet fixins.
- Break 2-3 eggs into each baggie -I ususally just crimp the bag open and after 1 egg is in it normally will stand somewhat on it's own. Just don't leave it unziped.
- Sprinkel with salt & pepper, seal bag & squish contents in hands to mix up egg.
- Open bag & either you add or have each guest add desired fixins.
- Squish bag around to incorporate ingredients.
- Squeeze out as much air as possible & seal completely.
- Drop into boiling water & cook for 12-14 mins depending on desired doneness. You can normally tell if you squeeze omelet how much liquid is left. If you've used wet ingredients it may take a little longer.
- Removed from boiling water with tongs & pat dry on towel.
- Immediately open, roll onto the plate and serve. It will roll out I promise -I've made these many times & never had one not come out completely & beautifully.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cook99bordeaux Richmond, VA
The Rating3 people
I made this for my family and they were amazed at how easy it was and how great they turned out. Thanks for the great recipe!!lorialehmann in Detroit Lakes loved it
How cool! This would be great for me. It's just my husband and myself and sometimes I want eggs and he just wants cereal. Or.... I could make up a couple of these ahead of time and take to work to finish in the microwave. Oh yeah, I can see this ...moreluvshk in Republic loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!